Friday, June 10, 2011

Knock Knock. Who's there? It's Google. Again.

Dear David,

I don't know what you're talking about. I think it was a masterpiece. It was inspiring. It was ART. You of all people should appreciate the genius behind it--the subtle use of metaphor representing rural entropy, the liberal application of chaos to effect mixed feelings of apprehension and boldness in the viewer, the use of condiments to symbolize tolerance in a sea of animosity. And all you have to say is that it was terrifying. How could you have so completely missed the magnitude of meanings behind the mustard? I feel like I don't even know you anymore.

In other news, Google is taking over the world. Months ago, I had to link my youtube account with a gmail address. Currently, I have three blogs, each with a different associated gmail address, and two youtube channels linked to two of those addresses. And Google will only allow me to log into one at a time. This means, for example, that I can't make an entry on this blog and upload a video to youtube at the same time. Every time I want to make an entry in a different blog or upload a youtube video, I have to re-sign in. This is not a huge inconvenience, but it is rather annoying and seems to me unnecessary. I'll have to talk to Chris about this. He could do something about it. Google likes him.

I just got in from an afternoon of yard work. While my mom mowed, I weed whacked and picked up sticks and hauled brush. I'm all sweaty and pitchy now, but boy does our yard look nice! My mom and I are going to go out to dinner, and then walk around the Enfield mall a bit, so I may not see you tonight, or at least not until later on...which I suppose is usually when I see you. I still have to make that RUF video. Maybe I will work on that tomorrow, before poker. And on Sunday, I make an announcement at church! So I will have to prepare for that tomorrow as well. Oh boy! Too much excitement. I think I'm gonna be sick.

Love,
~The Princess~

3 comments:

  1. I think Facebook has taken over a lot of things as well. Google and Facebook must be conspiring to take over the world, probably since Google doesn't know how to be evil, but wants to be and obviously, Mark Zuckerberg could help with that. I'm sure he has no problem being evil, but he needed the resources of Google to complete his world domination (except in China, of course).

    ReplyDelete
  2. They can't be teaming up, because Google just made it's own "facebook." Mortal enemies?

    ReplyDelete