Monday, April 11, 2011

Truth, Hope, and French Cologne

Hello, David!

I was endlessly amused by your foulcity link. I think you may just have created the new Rick Roll. But what to call it? Blackout? "I clicked on the link, and it was a Blackout!" "You just got blacked out!" Black outed? "He just blacked me out!" BecBlacking? That has a clicky ring to it. "Oh man, you BecBlacked me!" "I'll click on the link, but if it's a BecBlack, I swear to Astley..." Anyway, my point is, I think it should be come a Thing. But in order to make that happen, it needs a catchy name. Thoughts, anyone?

Thank you for making me aware recently of just how enthusiastic you are about the opportunity to challenge me back when I miss a day. It makes me all the more determined to thwart your efforts. You say you've already come up with 3 ideas! Why in the world would you tell me that? As much as you love me, and as kind and wonderful as you are to me, I know just how mischievous and evil you can be if given half the chance. This week I will be posting Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, which are the days when I have the most free time, so don't get your hopes up about me missing a day this week. Thursdays especially are my busy days, so I guess you can keep your fingers crossed for next week. As we discussed, posts that are not made by midnight on the designated day (9 pm according to this blog's timestamp) are considered missed posts, fair game for challenges. Speaking of Thursday, I look forward to hearing your love poem to Owl City.

You left your almost empty bottle of cologne here, by the way, so I took the liberty of analyzing it. The sticker on the bottom says it was made by French Fragrances, Inc., but underneath it clearly states that it was made in the U.S.A., in Miami Lakes, FL. The company name is in only slightly larger font than the admission of the true origin. Someone must have thought, though, that making the perfume sound French would increase sales. Why, though? What's so special about French perfume? If anything, the French are unfortunately stereotyped as smelling terrible, showering infrequently, and neglecting to shave (if female). If French perfume were so wonderful, the French would not be presumed to smell so bad. I'm not saying that I think Floridian origin has any appeal, but I am saying that the company clearly stationed in the United States could've made a better decision than trying to make themselves sound French.

That's all for today. I will read you tomorrow.
~The Princess~

1 comment:

  1. Molly, French perfume is awesome; maybe it's SO good because they have bad hygiene and they use the perfume to cover it up. I would know; I have been to a perfume factory in France and I got perfume there and it was amazing!

    ReplyDelete