Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Once upon a morning dreary...

Good evening, David!

I am so excited to start this blogging project. One thing you neglected to mention was that failure to blog will result in the other blogger getting the right to challenge the perpetrator, or provide a consequence of some sort. My bet is on you being the first to slip up. We will see, we will see...

My morning started off beautifully. After last night's revelry over the men's basketball championship victory, a misty grey silence fell over the campus. The only sound, when I was walking to class, was the whistling of the strong winds swirling over the paths and tugging at our coats. It was pretty awesome. For pictures and a more artful description, check this out. Anyway, my first class was missing a third of its usual attendees, presumably due to the fact that there were so many people hung over. We talked about women's rights and outsourcing, and the teacher ended the class saying that we were a little behind, but don't worry, we would talk about fistula and genital mutilation at the beginning of next class. Now, I'm sure the latter topic is self-explanatory, but if you don't know what fistula is, you're going to have to find out yourself, but I warn you, it's pretty gruesome. Thursday's class should be...uh...well, let's just say I'm going to be sure to locate the waste basket before class starts, just in case. Oh boy, something to look forward to. Ugh.

My 2 o'clock class had even less people. In a class of over 100, there were maybe, MAYBE 30 of us in attendance today. At 5, students gathered at Gampel for a pep rally, to welcome home the UConn men's team. Who knows how long that will last. I'm sure there will be more celebrating afterward. Having the championship game on a Monday night strikes me as a pretty terrible idea. This whole week, I bet class sizes will be greatly reduced. Go Huskies...?

~The Princess~

No comments:

Post a Comment