Friday, April 22, 2011

The Root of All...Good!

Hey Gummy Bahre! That's gonna be my new pet name for you, because it's just gooey enough to make steph gag, I reckon.

You're playing Bit. Trip Runner, and from the looks of it doing pretty good. I'm here typing up our blog entry for the day, and maybe we're gonna watch a movie in a little bit. What an excellent way to spend my evening, with my awesome girlfriend, ice cream, and relaxation.

It's fun going back to work, it almost feels like putting on a coat that I haven't worn in a while, except instead of finding $10 in my pocket I find that I have to lift mulch and greet customers. Which isn't a bad thing! Aside from having really cool bosses, my job is great because I'm able to walk up to any ol' person, ask them how their day is going, help them find what they want, and watch as they leave satisfied and happy. Working at a flower shop is different from working at a supermarket or dry cleaners in that the customers I meet genuinely love and enjoy the product we supply. It's (almost) never out of necessity that people purchase plants; it's because they want to watch this little sproutling soak up sun and water, and turn into something beautiful. I think we can both agree that this world is a pretty strange and cruel place, but when a person decides to take care of a plant, it settles my heart a little knowing that this person is giving their time and resources and care all for the joy of helping this little guy live. In a way, you can almost compare it to the way God loves us. He brought us to life and sustains us not out of any silly human desire, but because He loves us. We've been given something pretty amazing. Really, how cool is that?

WELL, I think I'm gonna watch you play videogames for a little while longer, and then maybe we'll watch a movie. You sure look awful cute trying your darnedest not to crash into those walls and grabbing those gold bars :)

Love you,
~The Mouse 

No comments:

Post a Comment