Thursday, May 5, 2011

Pomp and Ciphers

Wow, that really was a profound, awful, terrible that you revealed there. I can't believe you kept this from me. If you had told me Adam Young was your brother, I wouldn't have put you through such a painful challenge. My apologies.

Upside-down? Oh please. Don't mess with me, man, or I will throw a Vigenere cipher your way, or worse. You're gonna have to buy a freaking Turing machine when I get started. You're writing to the queen of codes here, and I'm serious about my ciphers, crazy about my cryptology.

In other news, I took my last exam this morning, and now I am FREE! It feels good, but I also feel stressed out knowing time is ticking away and I am coming to the end of my college career. I'm excited to graduate, but not excited about graduation. You know I've never been one for pomp and ceremony, and such events leave me feeling fiercely forlorn. I think it's because I don't feel like it's a big deal, when others clearly seem to believe quite the contrary, and so I feel like I am missing out on some sort of customary jubilation or something. Perhaps I am envious of the celebratory spirit others seem to have over this event, and thus I get really irritable. I can think of a dozen things I'd rather be doing than donning that cap and gown and walking down the aisle to shake some stranger's hand. It's kind of silly, really. But such is life. Thank goodness this isn't the only life we have.

I hope to see you Sunday night, though! Can you believe it's been a whole year? I can't exactly say that time  flew by, and in fact, it seems like it's been much longer, but it's still an impressive benchmark. And that, I am excited to celebrate.

I will read you tomorrow,
~The Princess~

No comments:

Post a Comment