Saturday, May 14, 2011

And so it goes...

Hello my David,

Blogger was read-only on Thursday, so you're getting away with not posting. And yesterday, my home computer gave out, and I can't get interwebz from home on my laptop, so I couldn't post. But now I sit in Starbucks, enjoying a frozen java chip frappacchino, and taking advantage of their free wifi, and I have decided to post all the same to make up for Friday.

I awoke at 7:30 this morning, took the dogs out, dressed, had quiet time, gathered a bunch of things together, etc., and headed out at 8:45 to Corporate Computer Salvage in East Granby, as you suggested. Although they are open from 9-3 on Saturdays, a sign in the door said "will return at 10:00," so I went to Starbucks and bided my time paying my auto insurance bill, transferring money to my credit account to pay for said auto insurance, checking my RUF e-mail, sending out an important facebook message, downloading required programs for my video camera software, and learning how to convert video files to a format Windows Movie Maker will allow. Then I headed back to CCS, where I am happy to report I received excellent, chipper service. The price is...a price...but at least they told me upfront what the cost was, and it's not too bad, and so I won't have any surprises. They'll even back up everything if they have to wipe and reinstall the OS. It takes 3-5 business days, and they are not open Sundays and Mondays, so the guy said I would get a call maybe on Thursday night. Which is unfortunate, but what can I do, right? I am praying for prompt service. Now I am back at Starbucks, to update this and my photo blog, and to look up some guitar chords for tunes I may want to use for my love song to feet. After this, I need to go get wrapping paper for Regan and Josh's gifts. And at 3 PM, they're getting MARRIED!!! How cool is that? I should also probably find something to eat at some point. This java chip frappe is great, but it probably won't last me very long. I may get lunch at Subway or something, grab a sub for my mom too. She'd probably enjoy that. In the meantime, waiting for the computer to fix, she'll probably either use Uncle Laurie's comp, or I could show her how to access wireless here on my laptop. Ho-hum. How late is Starbucks open, anyway?

I will read you on Monday,
~The Princess~

No comments:

Post a Comment