Monday, September 12, 2011

Remember the Alamo!...and, that I need to post tonight...

Hello my David!

I will admit, I almost forgot to post. What a shame that would be! I might be issued a challenge that I could then put off for weeks and weeks past the original time it was assigned. Oh boy, just think of all the time that wouldn't take up! Imagine how many other things I could do instead of actually accomplishing what I committed to doing back in April!

I hope your sarcasm detectors are going off right about now. I also realize that guilt is a sucky and often useless motivator, but yeah, I'm a little bit disappointed and irked by your lack of follow-through. Tsk tsk.

I've got some more indie bands to run by you (collected from my students):
Faded Paper Figures
Passion Pit
Miike Snow (yes, that's Mike with two i's)

I just got back from girls' small group. There were 22 girls there. Holy crap. We decided to study 1 John, which is cool, because I was in a small group on John's epistles this past spring, and also a bit disappointing, because I was in a small group on John's epistles this past spring. But there is tea and cookies and a Tim Keller study guide, so all is well.

I'm lonely. So to combat my loneliness, I'm going to write lots of letters, in the hopes of making people happy and maybe getting some back. Oh, speaking of letters, I filled out a change of address form today with the USPS. Stupid postal service, not giving me my mail. Marcia sent me a letter and it got returned to sender, very likely because the post office doesn't like to ASK and see if just MAYBE the addressee does indeed live at the location written on the envelope. Can you tell I'm a little upset? This isn't the first time I've dealt with that problem; once I sent a letter to Chris, but I addressed it to Jim Darkmagic, and it got returned. I was pretty mad, and I wrote in big letters on the next one:

Christopher Caporaso
a.k.a. Jim Darkmagic
Maybe you should ASK before assuming who does and does not live at said address.

Wow, this is a really snippy post. Sorry about that. I'm going to watch an episode of Doctor Who and then be off to bed. I've taken to setting my watch across the room so that when the alarm goes off in the morning, I have to get out of bed to shut it off. It's a rather brilliant idea, I think, and it works really well, although I cursed my cleverness this morning when I realized there was no longer a snooze button conveniently located on my wrist. But I was happy to have more hours of the day spent being productive. Or at least conscious.

I will read you tomorrow!
Love,
~The Princess~

No comments:

Post a Comment