Wednesday, September 14, 2011

And the thunder rolls...

Hello my wonderful David!

Lightning crackles outside my window; thunder shakes my room. My just-add-ice orchid sits staring out the window, as if transfixed, while one solitary bloom turns its head to look at me, with its dragon-like mouth agape, as if screaming a warning. The effect is quite eerie. But I do love thunder storms.

Have you ever heard of Egyptian revival? It's a style of architecture and decoration, just like how we have Greek and Roman revival. I went to a church the other night that had a sanctuary decked out like an Egyptian temple. It was the strangest sanctuary you've ever seen. The walls were tan with red and green and orange geometric designs. Tall pillars stood at the front of the room, with elaborate designs. The stained-glass windows depicted scenes of palm trees and the sun and reeds.At the front of the sanctuary was a gigantic pipe organ, stretching all the way to the ceiling, with the wings of a bird adorning the top. The carpet was blood red. It was built in 1849-50. You don't see too many buildings with such a unique design, and I could hardly believe it was a church. Tell you what, though, I would LOVE to sit in there and be read the story of Moses. Oh my goodness, what a setting!

You didn't post last night, but I GUESS the fact that you were with your BFFL in the Emergency Room is a good enough excuse. So I'll let it slide...this time.

Mouseboy, I better read you tomorrow!
~The Princess~

No comments:

Post a Comment