Monday, September 26, 2011

Never give up, never surrender!

Hello David!

I'm making a quick post before I head off to girls small group. I just finished eating dinner--pepper steak and rice, followed by a brownie warmed in the microwave and topped with Hershey's syrup and whipped cream--while watching the season premier episodes of HIMYM. It's a pretty good day. I got through a LOT of reading, and that in NEXT MONTH'S book for the study program, so I'm ahead of the game. I also went for a walk with Benny, my roommate's mom's dog whom we are watching for a week. I got to go explore a trail I had wanted to check out for a while. I think maybe he has asthma, because toward the end on the way back he started wheezing, so I carried him the rest of the way. Yeah, not only did I get some cardio, I got some STRENGTH TRAINING as well. Okay, so the dog is a little white fluff ball, but STILL.

Tomorrow I have a staff meeting, two one-on-one coffee dates, and a one-on-one trip to a thrift store. It will be fun. And then tomorrow night is large group, and this Friday will be the RUF camping trip!

I just signed up online for this thing I heard about on the radio called Events and Adventures, which basically is a company that schedules lots of events, and you can go to them and meet new people. They have a location in Nashville. I thought, hey, this could be a neat way to meet some new friends. So I signed up, and am now super apprehensive because the follow-up screen said they would call shortly. I think my plan is to let it go to voicemail. I'm anxious just thinking about the phone ringing. Here's a little catch though: the site is for "single" people. But it doesn't SEEM like the events have to be for people looking for that special someone. I mean, I've already got a super-special-someone, I just want to make friends. I'm fairly certain that they are using the word single to mean "not married," in which case maybe they will let me join. I dunno. But I thought all this might be good to tell you about...

Lastly: YOU GOT SUNDAYS OFF OF WORK OH MY GOODNESS I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!

I love you, and I better read you tomorrow!
~The Princess~

No comments:

Post a Comment