Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Forever single

Hello David!

The thing about Events and Adventures is, the commercials stress meeting new friends, not finding a date. It first asks about do you want to hang out, but all your friends are married? Well we can help! I don't think it IS supposed to be a dating thing. PLUS (and I just thought of this and am rather proud of it) if the purpose were dating, and they were using "single" in a broad sense, then as soon as two people became an item, they would be kicked out of the group! A-ha! See? Incentive to not go to the group looking for a date! But anyway, if I DO find another boyfriend, I'll be sure to warn him that you're gonna bring the smack down on him. Or whatever.

Your girlfriend is a total dork. A very conscientious, organized dork, but a dork nonetheless. As you know, I am planning on watching some episodes of Marble Hornets with one of my freshman girls. After small group tonight, I asked when might be a good time that we could plan for, and as she started to answer [sidenote: it sounds like the TARDIS is landing outside my window. No joke, I actually looked to make sure that couldn't be true, because I am NOT missing out on an opportunity like that] I pulled out my little scheduler to write something down. She sees the little black binder and says, "You are NOT writing Marble Hornets in your scheduler." I was like "Whyyy? I write EVERYTHING in my scheduler! I even have 'David arrives' in my scheduler." She graciously conceded, "If it's like, therapeutic for you, then I GUESS you can..." In the end, I didn't write it down, but we didn't pick an exact date anyway. We just decided that we will watch it on a Thursday night. I'll probably write myself a note to remember that. What she doesn't know can't appall her.

David, I will read you tomorrow!
Love,
~The Princess~

No comments:

Post a Comment