Thursday, August 4, 2011

Wowowow

I sat down with my parents and we talked about their trip to Cranberry Island in Maine. I give, you were right; they didn't stay in a tent, the stayed with the Mocarskys. The island itself was only about a mile and a bit long, but on it lived some really really cool people, like this one guy who, in the middle of his house, had a 6 story tower! One floor had a Jacuzzi, another had a room dedicated to jelly beans, another to pool tables.... the people that lived on the island were mostly artists and lobstermen (not like monsters, but guys that fished for lobsters). There was one person in particular that really stuck with my parents, and his name is Ashley Bryan:
 Ashley is an amazing storyteller and artist. Mr. Mocarsky introduced my parents to Ashley, who promptly greeted them with a hug and welcomed them into his home. They were telling me about his house, which actually sounded more like a piece of art than a home; all the walls, literally every square foot was covered in little trinkets and thingamabobs that he found interesting or perplexing. There were walls dedicated to to motorcycles, scraps of things he found on the beach, japanese robots, just...anything and everything. It sounded and looks amazing. Even more amazing are his works of art, a couple pieces of which are shown in the picture above. He created that stained glass out of what is called "beach glass"; every piece of glass you see above is from glass that has been thrown into the ocean, and after time has been smoothed by the constant shifting on the shore. He's then taken all of the pieces he could find and actually has created images which depict stories from Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, (those are the books he started with) and is continuing on with other books from the Bible! It just completely blew my parents' minds, and I have to agree, we NEED to visit this amazing person some time! I'd love to hear about his walk with Christ and how it translated into his artwork.

Ok, I'm going to bed. Goodnight my love! I'll talk to you tomorrow!

-The Mouse

p.s. I accept your challenge and am trying hard to think up a mini one of my own. Get. Ready.

1 comment:

  1. That's cool, but I want to hear the story of a crazy nighttime adventure, which Molly promised me! : P

    ReplyDelete