Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Step it up

Hello David!

What a beautiful day! The clouds are gathering, the temperature's dropping, the wind's a-blowing, your next challenge is brewing... C'mon now, we need to step it up a little bit. Things are about to get crazy, and we can't be neglecting this blog, or the challenges will just keep piling up! You still need to edit your vlog, and change your music tastes (which only takes a second so I don't know why you haven't done that yet!!!), not to mention assign ME a mini-challenge. Time's up, David. Let's get down to business (to defeat BOOM BOOM the Huns). In the hopes that you change your music tastes and at least get that challenge out of the way by the time you post tomorrow, I'm going to hold off on giving you your next challenge until Wednesday or Friday, partly because I still have to think one up, and partly to give you time to get your rear in gear.

I just spoke to Kevin Twit, my new campus minister, on the phone. He's found me more contacts to support my internship. My co-intern, Chase, is now ahead of me in fundraising (darn that Chase! jk) so Kevin is working really hard to help me out, which is wonderful. I've sent out reminder post cards, made some phone calls, e-mailed and facebooked some contacts, etc. I'm confident that the funds will be raised, it's just a matter right now of whether they will be raised by the time I want to head to campus, August 20th. That's apparently move in day on the Belmont campus (of course, I'm not staying on the campus, but the point is that I'll be there when students are arriving), and there is a leadership retreat Monday and Tuesday that would be neat to go on, but Kevin said he's never had an intern make it for that, so it's no big deal. And Friday the 26th is Belmont's involvement fair, which I'd also like to be at. I know you don't want me to go, but would you please be praying for me to get there in time for all this?

I've been really sleepy all day today. I took a power nap this morning, and another nap just recently, around 3. I went to the bank and ate lunch with my dad today. He told me all about his trip to Honduras, and says he wants me to go with him next year! Unfortunately, it falls on the week of RUF summer training, so I would have to see if an exception could be made for me. But it sounds like an exciting opportunity!

I will read you tomorrow (I hope!)
Love,
~The Princess~

No comments:

Post a Comment