Friday, August 5, 2011

Stamps, stamps, and more stamps

Dear David,

I keep meaning to ask the postman in the North Granby post office his name, because I've seen him so many times this summer, and I'd like to be able to walk in and say, "Hi George," or, "Hey, Pete," or, "What's up, Mr. Michaelson?" Why have I visited the post office so often? Because I've bought lots and lots of stamps. Today I bought 50 post card stamps (which cost 29 cents, just FYI), adding to the 40 I bought yesterday. I'm mailing out update/reminder postcards for the internship. I've bought close to, if not more than, 100 regular stamps over the course of the summer, for mailing support letters and personal letters. I bet I could completely cover my whole head with the number of stamps I've bought. Then I could be a super hero! Stamp Girl, with the power of POSTAGE! Watch as she travels slowly all over the world! Her only weakness is THE INTERNET! See her fight crime, protest e-mails, and lick copious amounts of ENVELOPES!

I think this could catch on.

Yours truly,
~The Princess~

No comments:

Post a Comment