Thursday, August 25, 2011

Books, books, books!

Hey there my David!

The HOW MANY books I've given you? I do believe Dogs of Babel and Doing Things Right in Matters of the Heart are in there as well, mister. But the two you're talking about are most important. I'd really like you to start with Putting Amazing Back into Grace, as that has some serious foundational stuff in it that will rock your world, but if you insist on starting with Piper, please give the Horton book to my dad to read first (drop it off at the bank, maybe, or give it to your mom to give to him at church or something).

Today I may be meeting with three new girls for coffee or ice cream! I'm also meeting with Syneva, the former intern here. So much to do! I have to get my car from the shop (waiting for a ride) and also go to Best Buy to pick up a router and other various necessities for my apartment. Oh, how I miss you! I've been super busy enough that my mind is usually preoccupied, so I've been able to avoid most of the weighty sadness, but when I do start to think about you, my heart aches to see you. I can't wait until you visit. There are so many amazing things down here! Great places to eat, neat little stores, beautiful places to stroll, a ZOO (which I haven't been to yet, but they have monkeys and elephants!) I passed Martina McBride's house yesterday, and will likely see some famous person or another wandering around town. And Belmont is hipster central. Everything here is indie--there's even an indie movie theater I plan to take you to! I can't wait to see you, my love.

Or you, Smeth, I know you're reading. ;-)

Well, I need to start my crazy day! I agree it would be good to talk to each other every day. I don't have a concrete schedule yet, so right now talking first thing in the morning is pretty perfect for me--it's such a wonderful way to start my day! And then in the evening, I'll give you a call or text you if I have downtime, so you don't end up calling in the middle of something and feel brushed off. I wish I could have you here with me, but I guess talking on the phone will have to do for now. Letters coming soon! :-D

Love,
~The Princess~

3 comments:

  1. Yes, letters! Give me your address, please! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Psh, why does Smeth get a shout out?
    I want shout outs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You obviously need to comment more. : P

    Though, it tends not to do much, because they rarely respond. I think I had to post on Molly's Facebook wall before she knew I was actually reading and commenting.

    ReplyDelete