Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Movin' out

Dearest Mouseboy,

Don't blame me for "distracting" you, sheesh! Your paranoia leads me to believe that you are extremely intent on tripping ME up, because I'll have you know that I have hardly EVER intentionally attempted (is it possible to unintentionally attempt something?) to keep you from posting! So stop all this finger pointing, and take responsibility for the empty brevity of your blog post last night.

It has come to my attention that our dear friend Steph has been fervently posting comments to many of our entries, and we have completely neglected to respond! I guess we just haven't noticed because we didn't expect anyone to actually get so engaged. We'll have to keep better track of what's going on here. Cameron as well has been reading, and ever so gently pointed out to me, "You do realize people had phones before they had airports, right?" So, no, people did not, in fact, have to go to the airport to buy their tickets. He continued, "And that's what travel agents were for." As I mentioned last night, technology has made us very smart, but also very dumb, and it is all too easy to become condescending when looking to the past and wondering, "How did people ever get by without X?"

I spent the morning packing up stuff in my room for the tag sale this Friday and Saturday. I need to make some signs and hang them up tomorrow morning. It's going to be fun! Of course, my house is kind of in the middle of nowhere, so I hope that people will still show up. I plan to plant one side on a street corner, taping it to the head of a buffalo hobby horse, which I will stick in the ground to hold the sign up. That should grab some attention. Thanks go to you and JJ for sending me the hobbled bison at camp one year in a most excellent care package. I'm pretty sure the duck tape I'll be using is also the very same that was sent in that package, with a note to use it to keep the campers in line.

I need to run off to a visit in Vernon! I will stop by afterward to drop off my digital camera. Remember: tomorrow is your last day to complete the challenge. If you fail to do so, after I have been ever-so-lenient about the date of completion, I retain the right to issue a new and perhaps more terrible challenge. Also, you need to post my challenge tomorrow, so I can get to it! Enough of this lolly-gagging, mister! Adventure and personal growth awaits!

Wuv you!
~The Princess~

No comments:

Post a Comment