Friday, July 8, 2011

Mars, movies, mythology, and modern marvels

Life on Mars? The TV show Kevin told us about? Okay. We also have to watch Flatliners. I'm pumped.

As for your vlog challenge, of course you can record on your breaks or whatever. You're gonna have to plan ahead if you're going to complete your challenge by Wednesday. By that I mean that you'll have to either borrow your dad's camera, or remember to ask me for mine. If it's not posted by Wednesday, I reserve the right to give a different and worse challenge. Don't be lame!

Your mythology course starts Monday!!! How exciting! I hope you learn lots of cool stuff and tell me all about it.

Using the modern marvel that is the internet, I just searched all around for Up! because my mom wants to watch it tonight. There aren't any red boxes within 50 miles of here that carry it, nor are there any block buster boxes. Wal-mart is carrying it for $16.99, but who wants to buy a movie for that much? I'm going to see if perhaps my mom would want to watch it on the bigger computer screen. In the meantime, I'm going to see if there are any movie rental places left anywhere nearby that might carry it. The internet is amazing, and we so easily take it for granted because we've had it since we were young. I can't imagine a life without the interwebz. I realized the other day--when people wanted plane tickets, they must've actually had to go to the airport to buy them. How crazy is that? Can you imagine driving over to Bradley and having to talk to someone to figure out when what flight is going where, how much it is...imagine trying to compare prices! We are so blessed--and so spoiled--to have such amazing technology at our fingertips.

I'm going to do some more reading for the intern study program, and avoid making phone calls. It's thundering, so I have a trembling Pei-Pei at my feet. I wonder how work will go for you today...

~The Princess~

No comments:

Post a Comment